Saturday, September 12, 2009

Some sights

This is the Estación del Norte, the train station in Valencia.  To the left you can see the bull ring.  Under the bull ring they have little like stalls of people selling touristy stuff and beachy dresses and stuff.  They do not however sell Valencia pens.  I came all the way to Spain with only 1 pen so I went out walking last night to buy a pen!  I finally ended up at El Corte Ingles, which is a massive Spanish department store.  They sell everything from groceries to electronics.  

Today, I moved to my new, much less expensive pension.  I am on the 4th floor and there is no elevator so I started my day by lugging my two 40 pound suitcases and my very full backpack up 4 flights of very old stairs.  Luckily, they do have internet here.  It's not as reliable, but it works ok.  Hooray!  After moving in I went for a walk to the big park in town, El Jardin del Túria.  I sat in the shade by a fountain and read a book.  It was lovely.  I would post a picture of the fountain but evidently I'm only allowed 1 photo per post.  On the way to the park I came across the Mercado Central, that's right Texans, a Central Market right here in Valencia.  Ok, it's slightly different from Central Market back home but it was neat to walk around and see all the different food.  Hams, hams everywhere!  And lots of sausage.  I just got some bread and a chocolate croissant.  It was yummy.  


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you sent me your blog! I have one too that I'll send you. I enjoyed reading about your travels so far and look forward to more! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can post more than one picture per post. Just click on "add another image" up in the left hand corner...hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete